1.10.14

IT'S TIME TO...



Lately I've been thinking quite a bit about what it is that I want to achieve in my career/life in general... When I was younger (okay maybe not that young, lets say 2 years ago at most) I thought that all I needed was to find a stable job where (if I was lucky) I could happily design to my heart's content.

Now that I'm working full-time in a job where am I actually able to gain more design experience to (hopefully) get where I need to be, I've found that I've started to drift further away from where I want to be & I'm starting to lose sight of what I want (and what I need) out of life.

I mean yes, this job experience is "good for my resume" and hopefully will help me get into a really great job further down the line, I know that everyone has to start somewhere. In the meantime, I'm not sure that it's worth staring at a screen all day every day and genuinely not having one shred of enjoyment in what I'm doing.

I want to travel, I want to explore places that I've never been before. I want to create things for no one else but myself. I want to take some time out and relax. I want to spend time to appreciate all the wonderful people around me. I want to stop stressing out so much and getting so frustrated over the unimportant things in life.

I don't want to get stuck in this rut of being so focused on this mythical "future job" that I completely ignore what's going on in the present. I don't know how I'm going to make a change, but I think admitting that something does need to change is the first step.. right?

No comments: