24.3.14

DIY: PAINT DIPPING

As promised, here's my lovely DIY dining table. I'm modest about most things, but not my table!


It was surprisingly easy, it gets pretty fiddly getting into the small corners where the wood joins but other than that I'd say it's a very very easy (and cheap) way to give old furniture a bit of sprucing!
All you need is;
  • Paint & brush
  • Tape measure / ruler
  • Pencil
  • Masking tape

Once you've figured out where you want to paint, using a pencil & ruler mark the exact same distance from the bottom on all legs, and then mask it off (as straight as you can) with masking tape so you get a straight paint line. Once all the legs have been taped, you can pretty much just go crazy! There were a couple of sections where I got too excited and used too much paint so it dripped a little, but once you get into a rhythm it gets pretty quick.

Also featured above is my beer bottle vase, we had some white spray paint handy so I whipped that one up because I'd searched and searched and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for!


Also above is my new pride & joy - my pineapple lamp!! Best find ever!

No comments: